2015 Awards Banquet
On May 1, 2015, EKZ held its Annual Awards Banquet at the Chapter House. The event played to a packed Chapter Room, including 23 alumni ranging from E-K 300 Frank Bockius to E-K 1501 Tevin Hill. In addition, the three living EKZ Order of Merit Recipients (Frank Bockius – 1978, John McGarrigle – 1988 and Mark Stitz – 2014) were in attendance. Brother (Taco) Lou Williams prepared the Prime Rib Feast.
The following awards were presented:
- Philanthropist of the Year - Andrew Garber
- Sportsman of the Year - Lee Jacobs
- Scholar of the Year - Kirpal Kochar
- Recruiter of the Year - Ian Lempitsky
- Alumnus of the Year - Mark Stitz
- Senior of the Year - Mike Elmer
- New Member of the Year - Declan Patterson
- Brother of the Year - Mike Elmer
The evening also included a brief Annual Meeting of the Alumni Corporation. Business conducted during the meeting consisted of:
- An update of completed and proposed repairs and renovations to the Chapter House during the previous year
- Revisions to the Alumni Corporation By-Laws, including the removal of term limits for officers and directors
- Officers and director elections
A good time was had by all as we told old stories, enjoyed good food and great friends….both old and new.